Friday 22 January 2016

The Lucky Umbrella - By Lucia Schanz

The Lucky Umbrella

Then hard rocky, red mountain towered above me. “How do we get to the top?” asked Jerry who was crouched next to me.
 “By using those very obvious stairs over there” I grinned, pointing out the stairs to Jerry. His face went bright red like a strawberry.
       We started to climb the horrifyingly extensive staircase leading up the mountain. 155, 116, 118. Then, as I hopped onto the following step it started to disintegrate. Then it broke. I was falling. Fumbling around I grabbed my bright pink umbrella, and started to float to the ground. Looking up, I saw Jerry’s terrified face. But what was he terrified by? Me falling, or the colour of my umbrella.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lucia,
    I LOVED reading your piece of writing, you have chosen your words very carefully and have used great imagination. Have a look at this sentence can you spot the missing punctuation? Then hard rocky, red mountain... You have missed out a comma inbetween hard and rocky. Well done and good luck on the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete